Shamelessly stealing post idea from Tanya as I am now on Christmas break and have no energy to think creatively for myself. Merry Christmas to everyone!!!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real, selecting a tree kicks off the Holiday season for me. As kids we insisted on white pines but now I like a tree I can actually hang ornaments on.
3. When do you put up the tree? First weekend in December
4. When do you take the tree down? Whenever we get around to it, preferably before it is brown and crispy
5. Do you like eggnog? Not sure, it’s been a long time.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A Lite-Bright. At least, it was memorable.
7. Hardest person to buy for? A tie between my Dad and Craig’s Mom. My Dad tends to be a little ambivalent along with a tendency to purchase his own gifts and I can never quite figure out Patty’s tastes. They both do a good job of choosing gifts for me so I feel a lot of pressure to find something great but it’s easy to miss.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Eric.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Look for them this year around New Year’s, we are a little behind. And they aren’t very good this year but on the upside it does set the bar low for next year.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Nothing stands out to me. Eric might say a multi-slicer, which just may have been regifted from a not-my-favorite-ever birthday gift.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I don’t have one, I dislike watching any movie more than once.
13. When do you start shopping? Around Thanksgiving, but I am always still at it right up until the last minute.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Um, see #11. And there is a dancing tree that may get regifted in the near future.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Gluten free cinnamon rolls. I’m just guessing they’ll be my favorite because I haven’t had them yet but MMMMM, it’s been years.
16. Color lights on tree? Pastel lights and white lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Roger Whitaker’s “Christmas Song.”
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s? Only if I copy/paste from Tanya’s blog.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Niether. Some odd looking ball thingy that is about the fall off.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning. Preferably at 6am though all the adults seems to like to sleep in instead.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Congestion at Oak Park Mall that makes leaving our neighborhood a nightmare.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I’m not into themes, I like the memories of my childhood ornaments.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Fondue.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A $1400 Camera. But if Santa isn’t bringing me that, I’ll take a Christmas where no one has the flu (or RSV) and we can all enjoy each other’s company and love.